Rock Star Tom DeLonge, the former guitarist and co-lead singer of Blink-182, has launched a major project about UFO phenomenon. He has brought together a group of advisors with impressive resumes to help him. Aired on May 22, 2017, on KLAS TV in Las Vegas.
The rock star life was good for Tom DeLonge. He had millions of fans, sold millions of records and would occasionally mention his obsession in song lyrics. But since becoming more serious about UFOs, he’s managed to tick off just about everyone, especially the UFO faithful who’ve accused him of being a dupe, a fraud, a tool of the deep state or delusional.
DeLonge has persevered.
“And this is the greatest story never told, period. You don’t even need to sensationalize anything,” DeLonge said. “This is this is science fiction in all of its glory. But it’s more like science nonfiction.”
Last year, when DeLonge showed us the headquarters for his new company To The Stars, he revealed that he had talked his way into a seat at the UFO table by somehow cultivating a group of high-ranking sources or advisors within the defense establishment, the keepers of the UFO secrets. He says he did it by making this pitch:
“They have been backed into a corner and they need a way for this to get out. And I went in there saying there will never be congressional hearings on this. I understand that, and I accept this. But what I think can happen, if I do my job correctly, is we can change belief systems.”
What he offered to do was invest millions of his own dollars into telling a different story, one that explained why the cone of silence had been dropped over UFOs for so long, why disinformation had been spread.
In exchange, they told him things.
“We found a life form. We found a life form. When we first found the vehicles, I know we brought in private industry, military intelligence, a good diverse group of very, very elevated thinkers and said how do we handle this,” DeLonge said.
Defending the military’s handling of UFO secrecy was too much for many UFO researchers. They dismissed DeLonge as a profiteer out to make a buck on flying saucers, and maybe making it all up.
Then came Wikileaks.
Presidential advisor John Podesta’s emails spilled out for the whole world to see. And in the middle of them were multiple emails to and from DeLonge naming his secret panel of advisors and showing there had been high level meetings of generals and military contractors to discuss UFO disclosure.
DeLonge had been telling the truth.
“It’s been a crazy whirlwind of a year,” DeLonge said.
In February 2017, DeLonge accepted an award from the UFO Congress in Arizona. He has since acknowledged that his panel of advisors had been shell-shocked by the leaks and that his plans had been delayed but not derailed.
“Things are still a go,” he said. “And when you say fallout, I was really fearful that I was going to have quite a lot of that and I didn’t. Just picture yourself kind of driving 100 miles an hour down a freeway and the freeway splits off into a new direction.”
For the last few months, DeLonge has been almost silent about his plans. On his Twitter feed he acknowledged delays in making his big announcement but says it’s still coming.
There are other hints about who might be helping him. A former high ranking CIA operative Jim Semivan wrote the foreword to one of DeLonge’s books. Astrophysicist and author Dr. Jacques Vallee did likewise. And a former Defense Department official named Chris Mellon has made public statements about UFO secrecy.
If DeLonge has a new team of advisors, he may be inching closer to his original plan of using movies and TV and other media for a program of gradual disclosure rather than a sudden announcement.
“I think they really want us to know. I really do think they do,” DeLonge said. “I really do, at this point, feel like it’s going to be a tough thing to swallow for people and I think there’s elements about it that people are not ready for.”