MYSTERY WIRE – A report that could be released as early as June could detail “difficult to explain” UFO sightings, a former top Pentagon official says.
During a Friday interview with Fox News, John Ratcliffe, the top intelligence official under former President Donald Trump, explained that the forthcoming report will outline “a lot more sightings than have been made public.”
“Some of those have been declassified,” Ratcliffe said during the interview.
In 2020 the Pentagon officially released three videos showing “unidentified aerial phenomena” that had already been made public by the efforts of former Pentagon officials like Lue Elizondo, the former head of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP).
“When we’re talking about sightings, we’re talking about objects that have been seen by Navy or Air Force pilots that have been picked up by satellite imagery that frankly engage in actions that are difficult to explain,” Ratcliffe said. “Movements that are hard to replicate, that we don’t have the technology for, or traveling at speeds that, you know, that exceed the sound barrier without a sonic boom.”
Tuesday morning, Elizondo made an appearance on Fox News to talk about the former DNI’s statements.
Steve DoocyFox & Friends
So, Lue, when people say, Oh, you’re in that business, how do you how do you explain these UFOs?
Sure. Well, my business has always been that as an investigator. I was an intelligence officer for the US government. So my business was just to, to find the truth, whatever the truth is whether it’s an investigation or counterespionage? Yeah, we applied the same methodologies we did investigating terrorists, if you will, operations and operatives as we did with this, and the information is very compelling. It’s it’s real.
Okay, it’s real. Are they from another planet?
Well, I think it’s too early to tell the real the three options are that have been presented, that is our secret technology, but we’ve done a terrible job at coordinating the testing of this technology for decades with ourselves, which is highly unlikely. The second option is that it’s foreign adversarial technology, which if you were to ask me would be a huge intelligence failure of this country because we’ve been technologically leapfrogged. Or the third option is that it’s something completely different. It’s it’s not ours, and it’s not theirs, well, then it’s someone or something else.
Ratcliffe says they wanted to declassify the report during his time, but they were unable to get all of the information ready.
“We always look for an explanation,” he explains about the sightings. “Weather can cause disturbances, visual disturbances. Sometimes we wonder whether or not our adversaries have technologies that are a little bit further down the road than we thought or that we realized. But there are instances where we don’t have good explanations for some of the things that we’ve seen.”
According to Ratcliffe, the sightings have been seen all around the world, with most being detected by more than just a pilot or one individual.
Also this week, a photographer for TMZ asked U.S. Senator Marco Rubio about the statements made by Ratcliffe. He repeated the same points he made to Mystery Wire in September that the government has a responsibility to figure out what is being seen flying over military installations that we cannot identify.
The Pentagon report is expected to be released in June.
Dec. 18, 2017 – The Pentagon’s secret UFO program revealed
May 4, 2018 – Documents prove secret UFO study based in Nevada
May 18, 2018 – Confidential report analyzes Tic Tac UFO incidents
The previously declassified videos of UFOs, which you can watch below, show the aircraft flying at an alarming rate and performing difficult maneuvers.
- The Pentagon’s secret UFO program revealed (Dec. 18, 2017)
- Pentagon UFO study catches attention of Congress (Dec. 21, 2017)
- UFO dilemma pushed Luis Elizondo out of Department of Defense (Jan. 30, 2018)
- UFO incidents like Nimitz, Tic Tac not a rarity in Luis Elizondo’s world (Jan. 30, 2018)
- Key documents obtained related to Pentagon UFO study (July 25, 2018)
Television station KTVX in Salt Lake City contributed to this story.
RELATED MYSTERY WIRE STORIES
- New York Times report shines more light on government UFO program
- New York Times story opens the door a little wider for more media to cover UFOs
- NY Times journalists discuss recent UFO story and reaction
- It’s not a question of believing UFOs are real, according to new NY Times article
- Open talk of UFOs on the horizon for more lawmakers
- Department of Defense makes ‘Tic Tac’, ‘Flir’, and ‘Gimbal’ videos public
- ‘Tic Tac’ UFO in pilot’s own words: The story that rocked the world
- Pilot who saw ‘Tic Tac’ UFO: ‘Technology I saw could change the world’ — Part 1
- Former Pentagon intelligence officer reacts to UFO video release
- New Air Force report confirms pentagon UFO program
- Former Pentagon UFO investigator “thankful” he’s been cleared
- George Knapp on AATIP, AAWSAP, NIDS, BAASS and TTSA
- Sorting out the AATIP, AAWSAP and BAASS UFO studies with Luis Elizondo
- New York Times revealed UFO study, video two years ago today
- Navy revised UFO report procedures prior to acknowledging ‘Tic Tac’